Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Starting Out

This being my first post to any blog anywhere, I can only hope for the best.

I want this blog to be about the companies, books, and services I represent, though I will change direction upon the slightest feedback from followers, real or imagined.

I am an independent sales rep in the bargain book industry and sell the inventory of remainder and overstock book wholesalers to the trade. I am also an agent for a freight company which specializes in the ocean freight of books, mainly between the UK, Western Europe, Asia, Australia, and the USA. I also pick up the occasional opportunistic deal, where a company not involved in wholesale has too much inventory and needs to find a market for it. Finally, I sell book related and other sidelines, including electronics, stationery, toys, and desk accessories.

But, mostly books.

The book wholesalers I represent are:


Book Country Clearing House, McKeesport, PA
Book Sales, New York, NY
Books For Less, New York, NY

Bradley's Book Clearance, Pittsburgh, PA
Nationwide Book Industries, Holbrook, MA
Willamette River Media, Corvalis, OR

For most of the above wholesalers, I call upon and send lists to a small group of customers, all of whom are in the business of selling books in one way or another. If you are interested in receiving a list, please email me your information, including your business name and what kind of business it is (bookstore selling new and used, or an internet-only business, or mail order...), along with your name and contact information.

Of course, if I know you already, just send me an email and I'll send you lists or stop by for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment